Labour’s Green Prosperity Plan will see the energy revolution happen in Scotland. Our commitment to clean power by 2030 will save Scottish households up to £1,400 off their annual bills and Labour’s plans to ramp up investment in Scotland will see:
- 50,000 clean power jobs in Scotland in the next decade by fully realising the potential of Scotland’s renewable energy assets.
- GB Energy, a publicly-owned, energy generation company that will be headquartered in Scotland and ensure that people in Scotland and the UK benefit from the profits generated by the natural resources on their doorstep.
- Investment for Scottish ports, ensuring that Scotland has ports that are ready for the deployment of renewables and can be competitive in the decommissioning market.
- Industrial decarbonisation in Grangemouth and support to make Scotland a leader in carbon capture and storage.
- Energy efficiency upgrades for up to 1.4 million homes in Scotland so they reach EPC C standard – keeping families warm and reducing bills in the long term.