Would you like to be part of the team?
The Scottish Labour Party is hiring – be part of real change – for the many, not the few.
Digital and Press Officer for the Scottish Parliamentary Labour Group
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated individual to work for the Scottish Parliamentary Labour Group in the Scottish Parliament, working as part of the communications team and servicing the Press, broadcasting and social media needs of the group.
This post includes proactively working with the Party Leader Richard Leonard, Shadow Cabinet members and MSPs to develop stories and comment for print and broadcast media, responding to incoming enquiries, and producing social media content.
This is a full time position based at Holyrood, Edinburgh
Salary: £32,436 per annum
Hours: 35 per week
Applications in the form of CV and covering statement demonstrating how you meet the requirements for the job should be sent to the Group’s Business Manager, Neil Findlay MSP at Neil.Findlay.email@example.com by Monday 25th February 2019.
Press and Research Officer for Claire Baker MSP
Claire Baker MSP (Mid Scotland and Fife) is looking for a full-time hard-working, enthusiastic and highly organised individual to join her team as a Press and Research Officer.
Hours: 35 per week
Location: Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh and the local Constituency Office in Fife
Closing date is Monday 4th March 2019 at 5.00 pm.
To apply, send a copy of your CV, along with a covering statement of no more than one page demonstrating how you meet the requirements set out above to:
Claire Baker MSP, Ore Valley Business Centre, 93 Main Street, Lochgelly, Fife KY5 9AF or by email to Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org
To support Claire Baker in providing rapid, accurate and detailed research on a wide range of devolved policy issues, deliver written and oral briefings as required, produce press communications, and develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing and delivering regular briefings and updates for the MSP to assist them in their preparation for parliamentary work;
- Drafting press releases and columns, including content for digital media;
- Maintaining the highest standards of accuracy in your own work;
- Liaising with think-tanks, NGOs and other external groups;
- Other duties in support of the MSP carrying out their parliamentary duties as required;
- Relevant degree or equivalent working experience
- Ability to respond quickly and to produce accurate information within tight timescales
- Ability to write articles for newspapers, such as columns
- Applicants must have an interest in and firm knowledge of current Scottish politics and should understand the Scottish Parliamentary system
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a wide range of political, policy and research skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A proven track record of providing accurate briefing material
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to produce accurate output in a busy work environment and prioritise accordingly
- A commitment to supporting Claire Baker in pursuing her values and aspirations, and those of the Scottish Parliament