Would you like to be part of the team?
The Scottish Labour Party is hiring – be part of real change – for the many, not the few.
Parliamentary Assistant to Jackie Baillie MSP
Jackie Baillie MSP for Dumbarton Constituency is looking for a hard-working and motivated Parliamentary Assistant to join her team. The role will be based within the Constituency Office in Dumbarton; occasional travel to the Scottish Parliament may be required.
The ideal candidate will have good people skills, excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Managing and responding to press enquiries, writing press releases and columns, liaising with journalists and stakeholders.
- Assisting with social media.
- Researching and responding to constituent and lobbying correspondence.
- Leading on campaigns, including organising MSP-led local events and supporting constituency commitments.
- Organising and drafting the MSPs annual report.
- Drafting and analysing Freedom of Information requests to support the MSPs constituency work.
- Other reasonable and appropriate duties as required, ‘out-of-hours’ working may be required occasionally.
- Previous experience of campaigns and communications would be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent written and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work under pressure, both within a team and on their own.
- Strong organisational
Salary: £25,000 (pro rata)
Hours: 4 days per week
Please email a cover letter and CV to Shonagh.Munro@parliament.scot by Friday 20 September 2019.