I am writing to you because Scottish politics is in a moment of great upheaval.
People across our country are crying out for answers to the real issues that they are facing. The SNP has descended into chaos and is losing sight of what matters most – the cost of living crisis and the crisis in our NHS. We know people are struggling with bills and to get the healthcare they need. We know things need to change.
When I became Labour leader, I was aware we needed to rebuild trust with the Scottish people and I have spent the last two years travelling the country listening and learning. It was clear to me that we had to make changes – big changes.
Our task is to show that Scotland can have a better, more exciting, and more prosperous future if we unleash our country’s potential. A better future for Scotland starts with a plan. A plan to unleash the extraordinary talents and innovation of the Scottish people. A plan where we create more highly-paid jobs, high-tech industries, and more chances to re-skill so that working people in Scotland are better off. A Scotland where our public services are the envy of the world.
One thing you should know about me – I will always put Scotland first.
A Labour government would change Scotland by:
- Tackling the cost of living with an energy plan to bring down bills by up to £1,400 every year.
- Jumpstarting a green jobs revolution – in a decade creating 50,000 clean power jobs in Scotland.
- Growing the economy, investing in good jobs and opportunities for the future.
- Saving our NHS and care services so the public don’t wait months for the treatment they need.
- Investing to rebuild our damaged public services and make our communities stronger.
And that is just the start. I know we must make our argument and earn your trust. I know too that people are looking for an alternative to the SNP.
Today, I just ask one thing of you: please get in touch. Come and talk to me, tell me what you think – your worries and your hopes for Scotland.
You can email on [email protected]
I want to hear from you so that together we can create a better future for Scotland, together.
Leader of the Scottish Labour Party