Restoring Scottish Education
A generation of young people have had their learning disrupted by Covid.
It is our collective duty to ensure their futures are not written off by the pandemic.
That’s why Anas Sarwar has published Labour’s Education Comeback Plan.
It’s a plan to deliver hope for our young people, restore Scottish education, support teachers, and make sure that every child has the right to a decent start in life.
Our education comeback plan
Support our Education Comeback Plan
Our education comeback plan will help a generation of young people who have had their learning disrupted by the pandemic get back on track.
Our National Recovery Plan for Scotland’s schools would:
- Deliver a tutoring programme for school pupils paid for by the Scottish Government
- Create a Personal Comeback Plan for every pupil in Scotland to meet their individual needs
- Guarantee a free exam resit, including a college place if necessary, for every child who sat exams over the pandemic
- Support the workforce with priority vaccinations for teachers
- Introduce a Summer Comeback Pass with free access to sports and arts activity, to get kids active over summer.
We will turn a year where all opportunity for young people seemed to slip away, to one where there are clear pathways for success for every child in Scotland.