CLP and Young Members Section
When did nominations open?
Nominations opened on Wednesday 8 November for the following SEC sections:
An invitation was sent to CLP Secretaries inviting them to nominate up to two members from any CLP within their regional grouping, at least one of whom must be a woman. Validly nominated candidates had to receive at least two nominations from CLPs within their regional grouping to proceed to ballot. The closing date for nominations was 11.59pm, Sunday 3 December 2023.
Members in the regions below will receive a ballot.
- Lothian / South of Scotland – 2 members to elect
- Mid Scotland & Fife / West of Scotland – 2 members to elect
Members in the regions below will not receive a ballot as nominees were elected unopposed.
- Central Scotland / Glasgow – 2 members elected unopposed
- Highland & Islands / North East Scotland – 2 members elected unopposed
Young Member’s section – 2 members to elect
Members aged 26 and under were invited to self-nominate for the two positions available, one of which is reserved for a woman. Validly nominated candidates had to provide 15 supporting nominations from members who were also 26 years old and under. The closing date for nominations was 11.59pm, Sunday 3 December 2023.
When will I receive my ballot?
Ballots along with Candidate Statements will be distributed to eligible members from Friday 12 January 2024. Members without emails or those who share an email with another member, will receive a postal ballot.
Who is eligible to vote?
All Members who were fully paid up at 11.50pm on Sunday 3 December 2023 will be eligible to participate.
Receiving your ballot
Members who have valid emails will receive an email ballot from:
Scottish Labour Party ([email protected]) the subject will be ‘Scottish Labour – SEC Election.
Members who do not have a valid email and members who share email addresses will receive a postal ballot.
What if I haven’t received the ballot email?
- Add [email protected] as a safe sender.
- Check your junk and/or spam folder.
- Check that you have the right email address registered to your membership. You can check which email address is registered to your membership at https://my.labour.org.uk/
- Check that only you are the only person whose membership is registered to that email.
- If you are still having problems on or after 17 January 2024, please email [email protected] to request a ballot.
Can I post a picture of my ballot paper online?
To ensure the integrity of the ballot and the security of your details, we strongly advise you do not do this. Each ballot contains codes which are unique to you and can only be used once. By putting these online you risk someone else using your vote.
Close of ballot
The ballot will close on Friday 9 February 2024 at 12noon.