Only Labour offers a vision of hope for Scotland – Leonard
People who want real and radical change won't find it in the SNP's Growth Commission today – they'll find it with a Labour Party who will put power, wealth and opportunity in the hands of the many, not the few. Agree? Like and Share.
Posted by Scottish Labour Party on Thursday, May 24, 2018
- Deliver a £20billion National Transformation Fund for Scotland to invest in jobs and infrastructure.
- Establish a Scottish Investment Bank with £20billion worth of borrowing power – ten times what the SNP propose.
- Ban zero hours contracts and raise the minimum wage to a real living wage of £10 an hour.
- Oversee a renaissance in public ownership in areas such as energy, mail and rail
- Give our public services the funding they need by making the richest pay their fair share with a 50p top rate of income tax.
- Lay down rules on the £11 billion Scotland hands out in public contracts to drive productivity.
- Establish an industrial strategy so the government has an active, accountable role in driving growth.
- Invest in education and training so every person has the opportunity to succeed.
Labour would grow the economy from the foundations up, but cutting poverty and dramatically improving the cost of living for working class families.